TERMS AND CONDITIONS – Centro Studi Italiani - Urbania
PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION
1. In order to confirm the application, you are required to pay a deposit of €249 for short-term courses (1-4 weeks) or of €498 for long-term courses (5 weeks or more). It is possible to cancel the application within 7 days from the payment of the deposit. Within this period, the deposit can be entirely refunded, only bank charges will be deducted. After this period, the deposit will not be refunded, but it could be used for a new application or given to someone else, no later than the current year. In case of Visa application, you are required to pay the total amount within 7 days of registration.
2. The balance of the course has to be paid before your arrival in Urbania by bank transfer or on your first day at the school in cash.
3. Centro Studi Italiani reserves the right to cancel the booking reimbursing the payment already made.
4. If the cancellation is made by the student after the beginning of the course, the school will not refund the payment, but the remaining amount can be used for another course in another period during the current year.
5. All courses will start on the published dates (please see our website: http://www.centrostuditaliani.org/it/csi-urbania-corso-lingua-italiana/). No reductions or refunds apply in case of late arrivals, early departures or missed classes.
6. In case of Visa refusal, Centro Studi Italiani will refund the entire amount and will only deduct €200 for secretarial costs. In this case, Centro Studi Italiani will ask for the Visa refusal letter from the Embassy. If the visa is obtained and the student cancels the course, there will be no refund.
COURSES AND PRICES
1. In addition to the cost of the course, Centro Studi Italiani charges a registration fee of €45 which includes: teaching materials, certificate of attendance, final exam (if requested), student ID which allows the student to have discounts in cafés, restaurants and shops around Urbania.
2. All prices include VAT.
3. Our courses are 25 hours per week (17 hours of Italian language, 4 hours of conversation and 4 hours of Italian culture). Each teaching hour is 60 minutes. Classes of culture, conversation and the optional 2-hour tutoring on Saturday morning are guaranteed with a minimum of 2 students per class. Classes of Italian culture are guaranteed exclusively to students with an A2 as minimum level of knowledge of Italian.
4. On national holidays the school is closed. For those days there will be no reimbursements.
5. If a student applies for a group course but ends up being alone, group classes will be converted into individual lessons. The total amount of weekly hours will be reduced from 17 to 10 private hours (2 hours per day). Afternoon classes will not be guaranteed.
6. The private class schedule can be modified no later than 24 hours before the planned date.
LIABILITY AND INSURANCE
1. Centro Studi Italiani has liability insurance for anything that might happen to students inside the school.
2. Students are liable for any damage caused to the school, its facilities or accommodation.
3. Centro Studi Italiani is not responsible for any accident, illness, theft or loss of objects that happen outside the school.
4. For students coming from EU countries, it is recommended to request E111 medical insurance (for urgent assistance) or E128 insurance for any other medical assistance.
5. For students from non-EU countries, it is recommended to request medical insurance directly in their countries.
1. Students who need a Visa have to request all the necessary documents from the Italian Embassy in their country.
2. Centro Studi Italiani will send all documents related to the application to the course and the declaration of hospitality to the visa applicant upon payment of the total amount of the course.
3. Once the Visa has been obtained, it is not possible to either cancel or change the dates of the course for which the visa has been given. If the student does not attend classes for two consecutive days without informing the school beforehand, the school will assume the responsibility of informing the police about the student’s unjustified absence.
1. Centro Studi Italiani provides support to students looking for accommodation in fully-furnished apartments (single or double room) or with host families, according to students’ needs and preferences.
2. The balance of the housing fee can be paid before arrival by bank transfer or upon arrival at the school in cash.
3. Centro Studi Italiani functions as intermediary between students and landlords and provides assistance for any needs related to the housing.
4. Centro Studi Italiani is not responsible for any property damage or injury inside the housing facilities.
1. Students under the age of 18 can only apply for our courses with explicit written authorization of their parents or guardians.
2. Minors will exclusively live in host families with double or single room occupancy (B&B, HB o FB).
PHOTOGRAPHS AND VIDEO
1. Centro Studi Italiani reserves the right to use photographs and videos taken during classes or activities (excursions, concerts, etc.) for promotional purposes only. The student can refuse to be photographed with a written statement given to the school upon registration.
EXCURSIONS AND EXTRA ACTIVITIES
1. Once in Urbania, students can sign up for extra activities such as excursions, cooking classes, ceramic classes, tastings, etc. Registration and payment must be made at the school office (payment in cash only).
2. In case of cancellation from one of the activities, the student must inform the office no later than 24 hours before the date in order to be refunded, otherwise the amount paid will not be refunded.
3. The cancellation from an excursion must be made on Tuesday morning at the latest (1 pm) for excursions taking place on Wednesday afternoon and on Friday morning at the latest (1 pm) for those taking place on Sunday. Only in those cases, can the student be refunded.
4. If the minimum number of participants has not been reached, the school reserves the right to cancel extra activities or excursions.
1. The student agrees to the treatment and management of his personal data as stated by Italian Law on Privacy D. Lgs. 51/2018.
2. Centro Studi Italiani will use personal data only for administrative and internal marketing purposes.